Proof of a Wonderful Day of Art

"Something on Saturday" was a fun and productive one. I had a brilliant time with Me, Myself and I - the three of us had a great day :) Its the middle of the SA school holidays so people are away camping and having a beautiful time with their friends and family.

I'm offering this background (and card) technique as a tutorial for a fabulous magazine, Heart Journal Magazine, so won't be posting it here until its published, but here is a sneak peak and links to buy the makings if you want a go yourself.


It happened by accident actually. I started with Dylusions Ink Spray then stamped on that, but it was too limey so added more layers of ink and then even more ink spray... till eventually, I turned my fingers a gorgeous purply blue and the card background became something a dragonfly could call home. Just have fun with the inks and stamps and let the art flow :)

These are some of what I used...
Dylusions Ink Spray, StazOn ink pads and a Darkroom Door stamp.

        
From top left: Peeled Paint, Bold Blossoms and Dylusions Ink Spray - all available at my online shop

I love making cards - birthdays, Christmas, thank you, hello, any reason at all. What I don't do though, is remember to send them. Thank you's always get posted "on time" as there is no set date, and one also goes out with every order. At least that's something! So I'm making a calendar for special occasions - with reminders to say "post a card today to...". Its going to have a pocket for stamps too. No excuses from now on... if you have a birthday and would like a card, send me your address and birthday :)

I've got a stash of Graphic 45 papers that don't seem to sell (they have a calendar already printed on them, making life easy!), so obviously they're meant for me to use. I'll post a pic when I've gathered the 'kit' together... so you can see what I mean. It'll be a calendar for every year, meaning, no weekdays marked.

If you'd like a collection of cards to give away to your loved ones, I'd love to make them for you - Only $5 each including an envelope with 70c stamp :) Any style, any colour! I keep making some to sell but end up giving them away, but eventually I'll have a stash for you to see, choose from and put in the shop.

Happy Creative Day!
:)
Jenny

Comments